My journey to become an Independent Video Game Developer introduced me to many essential skills. Although I love learning, learning everything feels overwhelming, especially when each new skill brings with it several tiers of more skills to be learned and perfected.
This list of skills is meant to show you how I, someone without any prior experience, figured out how to begin the journey of making Independent Video Games.
You can find all sorts of advice on programming and art from other more skilled people, but I thought I’d list some basics I’ve learned here.
Your best chance of staying in the loop, including upgrades I make to the posts, is to subscribe.
- What is Marketing?
- How to Start a WordPress IndieDev Blog in 5 Minutes
- Knowing what to write about
- Twitter for Indie Game Developers
- A Spreadsheet Comparison of Many IndieDev’s Marketing – (Very Popular)
- Evolution of Marketing
- Right Content
- Managing Your IndieDev Facebook and Twitter
- Speeding Up Your IndieDev Marketing by using Templates
- My Evolving IndieDev Analytics
- 11 Ideas for Creating Your Own IndieDev Email Incentive
- Creating the Best IndieDev Blog Content for Your Audience
- Creating an IndieDev Email Drip Campaign
- Sine Qua Non of IndieDev Email Marketing
- 14 Useful WordPress Plugins for your IndieDev Website
- Designing a Logo
- Choosing a Company Name
- How I Finally Got Organized as an IndieDev
- The One Thing as an IndieDev
- An Indie Game Developer Routine
- Keeping an Indie Game Developer Diary
- We Can’t Do Everything
- 5 Workspace Essentials
- Some Beats None
- Creating IndieDev Systems to Ease Your Burden
- 4 Ways to Avoid IndieDev Burnout
- Batch Processing as an IndieDev
- Capturing IndieDev Ideas with Evernote
- IndieDev Retargeting for Facebook
- Leveraging Your Local Library to Levelup Your IndieDev
- Reading the Morning IndieDev Newspaper
- What do IndieDev Side Projects Cost Us?
- Creating Your Own IndieDev Email
- The Advantages of Being an IndieDev Introvert
- Having IndieDev Failures Can Be a Good Thing
- 11 Tips for Becoming an IndieDev Autodidact
- Overcoming the IndieDev Resistance
- Indie Game Developer Grit
- Indie Game the Movie’s Influence
- Indie Game Developer Art Aspirations
- Pottery and Game Development
- The Division Cinematic and my Indie Dev Game
- Call to Passion
- Gaming with Your Spouse
- The Key to Becoming an IndieDev Master
- Running the Ludum Dare Marathon
Subscribe to get updates to this list right to your inbox!