I’m a Christian. It influences everything I do.
I don’t know everything about Christianity, but I’m trying to learn.
These are books I’ve read trying to understand it more.
Items in this tier wowed me.
- The Bible – Free – My faith is my foundation. Thinking about death as a soldier is pretty important. I chose this as my faith because I believe it’s the truth
Items in this tier provided me supreme value for the cost and time invested
- Love and Respect Book – $10 – This book helps to understand both points of view from a Biblical perspective. Growing up in the church, where unconditional love is preached to everyone, it’s nice to see something that can resonate with men.
- Boundaries Book – $10 – You need to take care of yourself. Sometimes, it means setting boundaries for people who are really negative in your life. This book helps you to do that
Items in this tier provided me a good amount of value for the cost and time invested
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters Book – $10 – I have a daughter, and I love her. I want to be the best parent I can be. So I read this. Be loving and protect your daughters. Shower her with love. Fathers are usually the most influential in a girls life, whether for the good or for the bad.
- The Daniel Plan Book – $20 – I’m motivated when I can see how life ties into a greater purpose. This book helps show how taking care of your body ties into the Christian Faith, and it gives ideas on what to do about it as well.
- Pastor Dad Book – Free – I think Dads need to step it up. This book has a lot of good Biblical teaching on leading your family as a Dad.
Items in this tier provided me with some value for the cost and time invested
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart Book – $10 – This book helped me to understand that parental discipline must always be done out of love, and not the embarrassment of what others think. Parenting is about raising children, not about getting other’s approval.
- Sex is Not the Problem (Lust Is) Book – $10 – I grew up before internet filters were common. Some people have issues with alcohol, drugs, or something else. Lust is mine. Video Games are overflowing with lust, and I want to be able to change the culture. This book helped give a good look at it from a spiritual perspective.
- A Praying Life Book – $10 – This book helped me to understand that I need to pray like a child would, instead of using a prescribed set of prayers or methods. Talk to God like he’s a person.
- Be Skilful Book – $10 – I want to be an expert at what I do. I’m tired of Video Games made by Christians that just plain suck and miss the message. This study into Proverbs just gave advice on living, but not really on work specifically.
- 20,000 Days and Counting Book – $10 – Number the days of your life when you journal. You only have so many, so make each day count.
- Never Go Back – $13 – Good overall life tips on making sure you don’t do things that hurt you (like being someone you’re not).
White Tier (None So Far)
Items in this tier provided me little to no value for the cost and time invested
Grey Tier (None So Far)
Items in this tier felt like value was taken away from me for the cost and time invested
There’s definitely going to be more as my education continues to grow in these areas, and as I remember what I studied before this website.
In the interest of transparency, many of the links are affiliate links. Some things I’ve read aren’t the strongest books out there, so I’ve left those out so you don’t have to waste your time or money on them like I did.